Hydraulic Jacks and the Role they play in Heavy Lifting
In construction or industries dealing with heavy lifting, the first thing that comes to your mind when you want to lift heavy machinery or loads is most likely some sort of hydraulic equipment. Various heavy lifting industries make use of the hydraulic based systems for most loads, such as hydraulic jacks or hydraulic pumps and motors.
Uses of hydraulics and hydraulic jacks
A simple example of the uses of hydraulics in our day to day life would be lifting a car to change a punctured tire. We make use of hydraulic based systems to ease the process of lifting something as heavy as a car. Along with this, the uses of hydraulic jacks are extensive and can be used for various other applications such as lifting smaller orders in the warehouse, in garages, and mechanic shops, etc. Another use of hydraulic jacks is in the construction industry. Read the following to understand what role hydraulic lifting jacks play when dealing with heavy lifting in the construction industry.
- Hydraulic jacks are extremely useful while lifting heavy equipment such as building materials, construction equipment, etc.
- Hydraulic jacks can also be used to lift or support an entire building. This is especially useful when dealing with renovations in historical buildings.
- The hydraulic high pressure oil pump is used in oil-hydraulic plants for both hydraulic fluids as well as mineral oil bases.
- Another application in this industry would be for the construction of various structures such as bridges in order to lower large sections into the structure carefully.
- Along with this hydraulic slipform jacks are also commonly found in automotive, industrial, agriculture, marine, and construction industries. This slipform system is a hydraulically operated formwork system
How hydraulic jack works
Today, hydraulic jacks are available in different types and sizes catering to different types of requirements in various industries. Right from car jacks to heavy lifting cranes you can see hydraulic systems being used for different applications. They are an ideal solution for highly demanding environments.
The importance of hydraulic jacks for the construction industry cannot be denied. All the hydraulic jacks whether it is used for domestic or industrial use, make use of the same principle, namely the Pascal principle.
What is the hydraulic jack principle; Pascal’s law?
This principle, according to Pascal’s law states, “a fluid at rest in a closed container, a pressure change in one part is transmitted without loss to every portion of the fluid and to the walls of the container”. To put it in simple words, the pressure is equal to the force divided by the area on which it acts. This device makes use of oil pressure for lifting the products.
Looking for a supplier of hydraulic jacks and other accessories?
While dealing with hydraulics on your construction site, you need a reliable product that guarantees high safety as well as effectiveness. If you are looking to buy high-quality, state-of-the-art hydraulic pumps and motors or hydraulic jacks, contact Bygging Uddemann today.
We offer free-of-charge individual assessments of projects where we help you identify your needs and assembles a complete package with the hydraulic pumps and hydraulic jacks for your specific construction project. Explore our offering of hydraulic pumps.
Comments are closed