Hydraulic Jacks and the Role they play in Heavy Lifting
In construction or industries dealing with heavy lifting, the first thing that comes to your mind when you want to lift heavy machinery or loads is hydraulics. Various heavy lifting industries make use of the hydraulic based systems for most loads.
A simple example of hydraulics in our day to day life would be lifting a car to change a punctured tire. We make use of hydraulic based systems to ease the process of lifting something as heavy as a car. Along with this hydraulic jacks are also useful for various other applications such as lifting smaller orders in the warehouse, in garages and mechanic shops etc. Another use for hydraulic jacks is in the construction. Read the following to understand what role does hydraulic jack play when dealing with heavy lifting in the construction industry.
- They are extremely useful while lifting heavy equipments such as building materials, construction equipments etc.
- Hydraulic jacks can also be used to lift or support an entire building. This is especially useful when dealing with renovations on historical buildings.
- The hydraulic high pressure oil pump is used in oil-hydraulic plants for both hydraulic fluids as well as mineral oil bases.
- Another application in this industry would be for construction of various structures such as bridges in order to lower large sections into the structure carefully.
- Along with this hydraulic slipform jacks are also commonly found in automotive, industrial, agriculture, marine and construction industries. This slipform system is a hydraulically operated formwork system.
The importance of hydraulic systems in the construction industry cannot be denied. All the hydraulic jacks whether it is used for domestic or industrial use, make use of the same principle that is the Pascal’s principle. This principle, according to the Pascal’s law states, “a fluid at rest in a closed container, a pressure change in one part is transmitted without loss to every portion of the fluid and to the walls of the container”. To put it in simple words, pressure is equal to the force divided by the area on which it acts. This device makes use of oil pressure for lifting the products.
Today, jacks are available in different types and sizes catering to different types of requirements in various industries. Right from car jacks to heavy lifting cranes you can see hydraulic systems being used for different applications. They are an ideal solution for highly demanding environments. While dealing with hydraulics on your construction site, make sure you hire a reputed company that is capable of handling a wide range of capacities.
“The above opinions are purely a reflection of the author’s point of view. They do not reflect the position of Bygging Uddemann.”
Comments are closed