How to Choose the Right Equipment to Lift and Move Heavy Things
Every construction requires transportation of material. Along with transportation from one place to other, this material also needs to be lifted and positioned at required height. Previously this used to be done manually. But, invention of newer heavy lifting equipment has made it easier.
Using a machine to lift heavy things is surely easy but, it comes with its own risk. Like other machines, this equipment also need maintenance. If not kept in proper condition, these machines can cause accidents. Given the amount of load that they carry, these accidents can cause serious injuries. Hence, it is necessary to follow the instructions given below:
- Choose a sufficiently strong equipment depending on the load that is to be carried. Follow the standard load capacity rules.
- Make sure it is properly positioned and stable at the time of loading.
- Keep the instructions manual for users, within reach. Also make sure the driver and related people know the instructions well.
- Make sure to choose the right heavy lifting equipment for the particular work space and working conditions. For example, use off road suitable equipment for off road working sites.
- Check the routes for any hazardous turns or slopes. Also, level the ground on which the equipment will operate.
- Follow speed limits. If possible, stop or divert any other traffic on the same route.
- Keep working site free of obstacles.
- Use appropriate light sources to illuminate the route.
- Check if the machine is in proper working condition and has adequate supply for necessary fuel or lubricants. For example, in case of hydraulic jack lifts for heavy equipment, any oil leak must be checked.
- The equipment should have clear mirrors and also a warning siren.
- Make sure there is at least one authorised person who can assist the whole process. Especially needed in case any driver needs assistance.
- When not in use, park the equipment properly and make sure it is locked.
- People working on the equipment and in the nearby area should wear safety gears. They should also be alerted about the lifting.
To avoid breaching any of the above rules, it is necessary to choose a trustworthy lifting equipment supplier. Among the different suppliers, Bygging-Uddemann seem to have experience of such lifting works. The company seems to provide standard and quality equipment.
“The above text is written in online-marketing purposes. The reviews are the author’s own and do not necessarily reflect the views of Bygging-Uddemann.”
Comments are closed